Today, I have Solaine on board to break down PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). Solaine and I discuss the symptoms of PCOS, the causes of PCOS and how to diagnose PCOS. Solaine is a holistic nutritionist, passionate about empowering women with the nutrition knowledge and tools needed to improve their health.
In her early 20’s, Solaine struggled with hormone imbalances including PCOS symptoms, missing periods and was told to go on the birth control pill. Knowing that this was a bandaid approach rather than a root cause, she took the natural approach and worked with a naturopath to heal her PCOS. Now, she practises as a Nutritionist, helping women through diet & exercise to heal their hormones.
- What actually is PCOS, and why should we look further than a diagnosis.
- What are the symptoms of PCOS, and why don’t they always tell the full story.
- What it means when we have symptoms, but not PCOS.
- The difference between missing periods and PCOS.
- What test’s you should run to investigate further into your PCOS.
- Why we need to go further than an ultrasound diagnosis.
- The four types of PCOS, and what can drive inflammation within the body.
LINKS FOR SOLAINE:
4 Types of PCOS Flow Chart HERE.
Key Tests for PCOS
- Hormones: Testosterone, DHEA-s, LH, FSH, Prolactin, estrogen, progesterone.
- Insulin Resistance: Insulin Assay – if this is not available fasting insulin but this isn’t as sensitive.
- Thyroid Markers: TSH, T4, T3, RT3, TG Ab, TPO Ab.
- Inflammatory Markers: CRP, homocysteine – basic.
- Micronutrients: Vitamin D, B12, folate, iron, zinc.
LINKS TO SHERADYN: