One of the most common questions I receive from my clients is “What should I eat before and after a workout?” This week I chat about eating for exercise, when, what and how?
A balanced diet is essential for performance and recovery. Finding the right meal plan and tracking your food will help you get the most out of your gym session and reach your fitness goals.
In today’s episode, I discuss:
- Energy systems
- Coffee and exercise
- What to eat the night before
- Protein, pre and post-workout
- 2 hours pre-workout, what to eat?
- 2 hours post-workout, what to eat?
- Protein, carb and fat ratios
- The biggest mistakes I see around eating and exercise
- How to measure recovery and if we are eating enough?
- Protein powders and when to take them