Today is the first of my “nuggets of gold” season where each fortnight, we jump straight into an in-depth topic together, but keep it short, sharp and actionable! Each week you will be able to feel empowered in three ways – Listening, reading (weekly PDF cheat sheets) and doing (actionable tasks).
Today we are tackling caffeine – Is it a yes or no for those who struggle with alternating bowel movements, adrenal burnout (aka fatigue) or hormone imbalance’s (PCOS, acne, mood swings, ect).
To support today’s episode I have created an Nutritional Cheat Sheet for those “IBS-C” Day’s – When you just cant poo & are about to grab your second (or third) coffee…
(or find on your favourite podcast appl!)
- I often get asked what I think about caffeine… Now, this sounds like a simple question, but there is no such thing as a simple question when it comes to nutrition.
- Let’s point out first that it depends on how you take your caffeine – I am primarily talking about coffee here…
- I love my coffee but recently, I have decided to come off coffee – There are a few reasons why I choose to do this…
- As many of you know I struggle with Psoriasis from years of leaky gut damage, and having an overactive immune system has given me an autoimmune condition that needs to be respected – too much stress, exercise, inflammatory foods or burden on my body, and I get really severe flare-ups on my scalp.
- I can also get really hyperstimulated on coffee, and feel really super productive but struggle to focus on the task at hand – I don’t get anxious but it would be along those lines.
- AND – it impacts my bowel movements, and after 10years of constipation, I now value a good poo! So anything that changes that really is a no go for me…
- The thing with coffee is for some people it helps keep them regular, and it doesn’t affect their nervous system, like my dad – he can have a coffee at night! Others, like myself, should never have it on an empty stomach for starter’s, and even then, I don’t know that coffee is a good idea if it affects you drastically.
- We also talk about the clearance of caffeine – because this is different for everyone – Why do some people, like myself, have such extreme reactions to coffee whereas other people feel nothing?
LINKS TO SHERADYN:
- Assess your gut health with this 3 minute quiz.
- Follow me on Instagram HERE.
- Check out my website HERE:
- Book a free health chat HERE.
- Register your interest for the August 2021 intake of The Gut Hormone Solution, an online program that gets women from symptoms to solutions in just 12 weeks HERE.
Grab your constipation guide here & start having regular bowel movements!
PLUS – Every Wednesday get the latest podcast episode & weekly cheat sheet or recipe delivered straight to your inbox!