Today is the first of my “nuggets of gold” season where each fortnight, we jump straight into an in-depth topic together, but keep it short, sharp and actionable! Each week you will be able to feel empowered in three ways – Listening, reading (weekly PDF cheat sheets) and doing (actionable tasks).
Today we are tackling caffeine – Is it a yes or no for those who struggle with alternating bowel movements, adrenal burnout (aka fatigue) or hormone imbalance’s (PCOS, acne, mood swings, ect).
To support today’s episode I have created an Nutritional Cheat Sheet for those “IBS-C” Day’s – When you just cant poo & are about to grab your second (or third) coffee…
(or find on your favourite podcast appl!)
- I often get asked what I think about caffeine… Now, this sounds like a simple question, but there is no such thing as a simple question when it comes to nutrition.
- Let’s point out first that it depends on how you take your caffeine – I am primarily talking about coffee here…
- I love my coffee but recently, I have decided to come off coffee – There are a few reasons why I choose to do this…
- As many of you know I struggle with Psoriasis from years of leaky gut damage, and having an overactive immune system has given me an autoimmune condition that needs to be respected – too much stress, exercise, inflammatory foods or burden on my body, and I get really severe flare-ups on my scalp.
- I can also get really hyperstimulated on coffee, and feel really super productive but struggle to focus on the task at hand – I don’t get anxious but it would be along those lines.
- AND – it impacts my bowel movements, and after 10years of constipation, I now value a good poo! So anything that changes that really is a no go for me…
- The thing with coffee is for some people it helps keep them regular, and it doesn’t affect their nervous system, like my dad – he can have a coffee at night! Others, like myself, should never have it on an empty stomach for starter’s, and even then, I don’t know that coffee is a good idea if it affects you drastically.
- We also talk about the clearance of caffeine – because this is different for everyone – Why do some people, like myself, have such extreme reactions to coffee whereas other people feel nothing?
LINKS TO SHERADYN:
- Assess your gut health with this 3 minute quiz.
- Follow me on Instagram HERE.
- Check out my website HERE:
- Book a free health chat HERE.
- Register your interest for the October 2021 intake of The Gut Health Solution, an online program that gets women from symptoms to solutions in just 6 weeks HERE.
Grab your constipation guide here & start having regular bowel movements!
PLUS – Every Wednesday get the latest podcast episode & weekly cheat sheet or recipe delivered straight to your inbox!